How to Fix the iPhone Keeps Restarting or Crashing Issue 9 Ways
If all else fails, the last way to fix “iPhone firmware file corrupt” would be to restore your iPhone through DFU mode on iTunes. DFU mode will restore your iPhone no matter what type of issue it may be having, including firmware issues. I left this process for last because doing it this way will wipe ALL the data from your phone. So, if this is your choice as a last resort, make sure that you back up your phone before beginning.
- In simpler words, iPhone firmware is actually an operating system of the device just like windows.
- Moreover, this is helpful to identify whether iPhone not turning on is due to a hardware problem.
- Although resetting the SMC option is not available on a Mac with an M1-chip.
- Lastly, you should press and hold the side button; release it once the Apple logo shows on your screen.
If you are asking this question, it is paramount to highlight why iPhone won’t update 15. Here are the most commons reasons for iOS won’t update. It worked nearly perfectly after I set back the 5s to factory settings and put in the SIM card before trying to do the backup again.
- Patching a backup for an iOS downgrade is pretty straightforward, although it isn’t possible to move between just any version.
- We’ve highlighted the version downgrades that we’ve tested and know are working below.
- Close all the apps and do not download any other content on your iPhone while the Update is on.
- It is secure and comprehensive solution to all iPhone software problems.
Alternatively, you can use symbolic links on the Mac or PC to shift the directory that stores IPSW files. But if you decide to create a symlink to an external drive, make sure not to disconnect it during an update or restore. If you do, you could end up bricking your iPhone, iPad, or iPod. However, your computer can detect a previously downloaded software update package that matches the device model. In that case, it’ll download a new IPSW file (and overwrite the older copy) only if there’s a more recent version of the system software (iOS or iPadOS). If the problematic app was causing the white screen issue, it should be resolved after removing it from your iPad.
With the help of Tenorshare Reiboot, you can one-click update your iPhone without data loss, and fix many common iOS 16 update problems without any loss of data. There might be different reasons for making your iOS 16 software update failed. To do this, connect your phone to its lightning cable and long press the Home button while connecting it to your system. Holding the Home button, open iTunes on your system until you see its symbol on your device. Now, you can take the assistance of iTunes to restore it. Invalid instance field in UDF Version Ack. Invalid instance field in Firmware Version Ack.